More than a year ago, routines were transformed by the Covid-19 pandemic and most activities could only continue virtually. In this context, notebooks have become the greatest allies of those who now work, study, produce content and have fun remotely. And Acer has special options for all audiences.
To guarantee the better performance and useful life for devices, Acer separated some basic tips daily care of notebooks for users of the brand, as well as explaining how the configuration upgrades work – available on some models – and how to choose the ideal device for each day-to-day activity.
Between the priorities in daily care are the device cleaning and routine software updates. When cleaning, it is important to pay attention to the recommendations so as not to damage the product:
- For the outside of the notebook, it is best to use a soft (lint-free) cloth moistened with water.
- It is also important to use a dry cotton swab or brush to remove dust from the air intakes – in this case, no damp cloth.
- The keyboard must be sanitized with a brush or soft cloth – which can be slightly dampened in case of bigger dirt.
- You must be careful when cleaning the screen; in this case there are specific products for this type of cleaning and that do not damage the product.
It is also essential to be aware of the software updates and basic programming tricks to ensure the best performance of the device. Acer's tips in this case are:
- Keep the operating system up to date.
- Ensure that anti-virus software is always turned on.
- Schedule cookie cleaning regularly to get rid of temporary files that are no longer of interest to the user.
- Removing unnecessary icons and files from the desktop – this also helps to improve performance.
- Clear files that will no longer be used from folders, especially in the download area.
- Prevent little-used programs from starting with the operating system – ideally, only essential software is configured this way.
- Adjust power options as needed for greater performance and/or greater savings.
What many don't know is that, in addition to the initial settings, it is also possible to bet on improvement in machines to ensure desired performance. This is a great option when extra slots are available on the product, so it's also important to pay attention to this feature. Two ways to upgrade are very useful in everyday life:
- SSD or HDD storage upgrade: You can add extra storage units to notebooks as you need more agility or space.
- RAM memory upgrade: ideal option for those who need more speed in operations, it is also possible to increase the RAM memory capacity of notebooks, thus enabling day-to-day multitasking, as it makes it possible to run several programs simultaneously without problems of performance.
For those who still have questions about how to choose the ideal notebook for every type of use, it is very important to study the model settings. At Acer, each product family is specially designed to meet each of the brand's different audiences, ensuring the best experience for those looking for gamer options, for everyday use, ultra-thin and premium models, differentiated performance for content creation, and even for education, with Chromebooks. Check out the brand's tips to choose the best option:
For studies and entertainment:
- Pay attention to the available slots for upgrade in the configurations;
- Give preference to current processors, as they will have a longer useful life, in addition to ensuring the smoothest operation of your notebook;
- It is important to bet on configurations with at least 4GB of RAM memory to run basic tasks.
- If possible, it is recommended to opt for notebook models with processors starting from Intel Core i5/AMD Ryzen 5, as they guarantee a more robust configuration and are considered excellent intermediate models, capable of running tools without much interference, supporting several open browser tabs and can also prevent the notebook from crashing during important presentations.
- For those looking for a device that can handle specific programming software, such as WEB servers or programs to manage databases, investing in an intermediate notebook (with the settings described above), at least, is also the best option.
- Give preference to models with at least Intel Core i5/AMD Ryzen 5 (for mid-range games) and Intel Core i7/AMD Ryzen 7 (for heavier games) processors.
- For optimal performance, it's important to bet on a notebook with a dedicated graphics card. You should also check your video card's performance according to the games and graphics activities you want to perform – from the lightest games to those that require the best graphics hardware.
- Regarding RAM, 8GB and 16GB usually do the trick.
For more information on Acer's portfolio of notebooks and other products, visit: https://br-store.acer.com/