O Moulin Rouge revealed, a secluded room in its iconic red windmill, specially designed to transport visitors back in time, more specifically to the late 19th century. The space, known to few, has never been open to the public and can now be booked for one night at the Airbnb.
To welcome guests, the place was transformed into a luxurious room, inspired by the Belle Époque, famous cabaret era. In addition to sleeping in the iconic mill, those who book the space will also be able to go behind the scenes at the theater, enjoy a traditional French three-course meal and stay in the best seats during the acclaimed show. faerie, all this for just 1 euro.
the main dancer, Claudine Van Den Bergh, will open the doors of the refuge and will host the three stays that will take place on the 13th, 20th and 27th of June. Each of them will last one night and will receive two guests.
“Watching a show at the Moulin Rouge offers an escape from the everyday and an incredible immersion in the glamor and grandeur of the music hall French,” says Claudine. “The interior of the space, which is inspired by the Belle Époque, will take guests back to the time when this timeless icon emerged”, he says.
Situated in the heart of the Montmartre district, the Moulin Rouge is known as the birthplace of French Cancan. A vibrant cabaret with performances that symbolize the Belle Époque era. To recreate the period's decorative details and style, Airbnb worked with renowned French historian and 19th-century expert Jean-Claude Yon to refurbish the mill to be exactly as it was.
“The Belle Époque was a time when French culture and arts flourished – and no place from this period is more iconic than the Moulin Rouge. This secret room, inside the famous cabaret mill, was designed to take guests on an authentic journey through time, to discover the history of the French capital, art and pleasure” – reveals Jean-Claude Yon.
The mill, first built in 1889 – as a tribute to the site’s rural origins – and rebuilt three decades later after a fire, was never open to the public. In this experience, guests will enjoy:
- An elegant room filled with exquisite Art Nouveau features, including a miniature Cabaret paper stage.
- A dressing room with glamorous Belle Époque accessories, including costumes vintage, perfumed fragrances and letters from admirers.
- A private roof terrace with period ornaments and garden furniture. The ideal setting for a post-show cocktail party!
about the stay
Upon arrival, guests will experience an evening thoughtfully organized and designed to embrace the grandeur of the illustrious cabaret, including:
- A private tour of the Moulin Rouge to learn about its history, costumes and backstage.
- An aperitif on the romantic rooftop terrace, followed by a three-course dinner from the Belle Époque menu, prepared by chef Arnaud Demerville. The next morning, guests will also enjoy a classic Parisian breakfast.
- An encounter with lead dancer and host, Claudine Van Den Bergh, in her dressing room and onstage photos with the show's cast.
- The best seats in the house during the show faerie: A fantasy world of feathers and French opulence with sensational performances, grandiose sets and original music.
- And of course, overnight accommodation at the famous red mill.
Interested parties can make reservations from Tuesday, May 17 at 19:00 (European time), in this page. . Residents in Brazil are not eligible.
About the Moulin Rouge
Created in 1889 and immortalized by Toulouse-Lautrec, the Moulin Rouge celebrates its 133rd anniversary this year! The cast of 60 artists, from 14 different nationalities, performs twice every night in the show “Féerie”, an incredible show following the great tradition of the French Music-Hall with 1000 costumes made of feathers, rhinestones and sequins, sumptuous backdrops in colors sparkling lights and the famous French Cancan. An exceptional show that receives more than 600,000 spectators from all over the world every year! One must-do when you are in Paris!