The Ubisoft just announced that Operation Vector Glare, the second season of Year 7 of Rainbow Six Siege, is now available. The expansion features Belgian operator Sens, a new Team Deathmatch map, Phase 1 of the game's groundbreaking reputation system – which introduces Privacy Mode and sanctions for the Reverse Friendly Fire System – among other gameplay news.
Operation Vector Glare puts strategy at the forefront of matches with Sens, a brilliant strategist hailing from Belgium with military experience and training in psychology. Its gadget is a ROU projector system, a wheel that, when thrown, blocks the vision of opponents. Considered a low-velocity, heavy-duty operator, Sens has a POF-9 submachine gun or a 417 assault rifle as his primary weapons and an SDP 9MM pistol or a GONNE-6 revolver as his secondary weapon.
In addition to Sens, other updates present in the new season are:
- Close Quarter Map – Exclusive to Team Deathmatch mode
- First phase of an unprecedented reputation system that introduces Privacy Mode and sanctions for the Reverse Friendly Fire System, as well as updates to the cancellation system
- Two integration tools: the Shooting Range, a playable space to practice, train, and experiment with weapons and attachments, and the Operator's Guide, an area where players can learn about each Operator, their unique abilities, gadgets, and strategy tips
- Third slot for secondary weapons of certain operators
- Option to adjust screen vibration intensity.
- End of Operator Quarantine for eSports
Finally, Operation Vector Glare introduces the Squad Reactivation Program, where players will be able to invite up to four former teammates who have not yet tried the game during Year 7. After playing five matches together, in any game mode PVP, they will earn great rewards such as Year 6 Operators, Exotic Weapon Skin, and other distributed items, including Battle Pass points. More than that, each returning player will unlock a Year 4 or Year 5 Operator or other alternate rewards.
Rainbow Six Siege is available on PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S and PC via Ubisoft+.